Thursday, November 25, 2010

GobbleGobbleGobble!


Fluff and I would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. Many of you here are celebrating and those of you abroad will just hear about the insanity of this holiday, not for reasons of giving thanks but for the excuse of scorching sale events at everything that is a store or pretends to be. Either way, have a great time eating, watching the parades and sleeping OR shopping for those things you neither want nor need.

I'd like to take a moment to thank each of you who take the time to check in on this blog. I appreciate those of you who are followers, even the guy who is my latest fan; the one with the avatar of two guys F&%#?*G(removed). I'm also grateful to those of you who check in on a staggeringly regular basis. I'm constantly (daily) surprised that the Emperor has the presence that it does. I'm not Tavi, BryanBoy or The Sartorialist, but it feels good to be a player even if it's the minor leagues. That said, I would also like to apologize for being somewhat spotty in my contributions since the SS2011 collections but have felt a bit of a dearth of subjects to discuss. Things on the catwalks and grand stages of the fashion world are sadly slim in content and I've been less than inspired to say much. When Anna dello Russo's closet, Courtney Love's botched re-hab, Tom Ford's much hyped retro romp, Marc and what's his name's redo, Vogue/CFDA's reward, Ralph Lauren's new Madison Ave. retail outlet, Rodarte's ground breaking collection that's a retailer's dream (not), Dolce and Gabbana's possible tax evasion incarceration rumors (reliable), Karl's pick of Haider Ackermann for his Chanel replacement, oh, and the Asian model renaissance along with all things Asian regarding fashion, and whatevahs.......

So not a ton to talk about without rehashing tired, dull non information. Still, I'm inspired by your devotion and interest. You all have given me a second chapter to a career that seemed to be a memory. Have a great day and weekend. If it's time spent with people you love then love a lot. If it's time in the trenches going after the big game lurking in aisle 3, then happy hunting. I'll see you soon or when the next Moda moment causes our fragile earth to shift. We are experiencing some turbulence so keep your seat belts fastened until the Captain tells you it's safe to move about the cabin.

7 comments:

NancyDaQ said...

Have a great Thanksgiving; it was a lovely post. Enjoy your day.

Jose Pablo Anleu said...

maybe im not much of a "commenter" but mainly a "reader", but ive been following this for a long time, one big hug to you and Fluff this day :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you when you don't post, but understand the need to not add to the noise. Take care

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

I enjoy thoroughly, I know Fluff will be glad when this holiday is past.

Anonymous said...

Drop in to see what's new. Don't always comment as I often have nothing to add to your interesting and well-written essays.

Better seldom and wonderful than frequent and banal.

Thank you....

Anon2

Anonymous said...

Non, non, I want you to post even if it is just a thought that passed trough and not much else. Nobody thinks things trough in context as you do. I am grateful for any little TIdBits. When I think I am about to lose it, you come up with a great piece a " you are not alone" piece.
Have a nice Holiday away from the " In crowd "

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your analysis of fashion. It's not grounded in liking or disliking but looking at it from a very objective standpoint and asking if it works and how, which is rarely and ofttimes poorly done in other publications. In other words, your blog has depth and you've a great sense of humor. Thank you.