Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lambertson Truex holding fast.


A recent stroll up Madison Avenue the other night brought me to the windows of Lambertson Truex's eponymous shop. I expected it to be vacant like most every third boutique up and down both sides of this street of dreams. Happily, the store was not papered over and the windows were filled with some of the smartest accessories and shoes anywhere. It appears that they are hanging tough and soldiering their way through the storm. I'd written a few months back about their chapter 11 filing, but it looks like the light has not dimmed.
I was encouraged and very happy to see that . I hope that they pull through. I hope we all pull through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know they are hanging in there. No one makes very structured bags quite so well. I'll stop in when I'm in NYC next week.